Current:Home > NewsPoinbank:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -TradeGrid
Poinbank:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Will Sage Astor View
Date:2025-04-06 22:37:22
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,Poinbank which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (8)
Related
- The Super Bowl could end in a 'three
- A look inside the United States' first-ever certified Blue Zone located in Minnesota
- Eddie Murphy, Tracee Ellis Ross talk 'Candy Cane Lane' and his 'ridiculous' holiday display
- Breaking down the 7 biggest games of college football's final weekend
- Nearly half of US teens are online ‘constantly,’ Pew report finds
- The 40 Most Popular Amazon Items E! Readers Bought Last Month
- Michigan regulators approve $500M pipeline tunnel project under channel linking 2 Great Lakes
- Developing nations press rich world to better fight climate change at U.N. climate summit
- McConnell absent from Senate on Thursday as he recovers from fall in Capitol
- California officers work to crack down on organized retail crime during holiday shopping season
Ranking
- Rolling Loud 2024: Lineup, how to stream the world's largest hip hop music festival
- Man pleads guilty to 2022 firebombing of Wisconsin anti-abortion office
- Where to watch 'A Christmas Story': Streaming info, TV channel showtimes, cast
- NFL makes historic flex to 'MNF' schedule, booting Chiefs-Patriots for Eagles-Seahawks
- 'We're reborn!' Gazans express joy at returning home to north
- The resumption of the Israel-Hamas war casts long shadow over Dubai’s COP28 climate talks
- Why is George Santos facing an expulsion vote? Here are the charges and allegations against him
- Guatemalan electoral magistrates leave the country hours after losing immunity from prosecution
Recommendation
Federal hiring is about to get the Trump treatment
Beyoncé Only Allowed Blue Ivy to Perform on Renaissance Tour After Making This Deal
Target gift card discount day 2023 is almost here. Get 10% off gift cards this weekend.
Former Child Star Jonathan Taylor Thomas Seen on First Public Outing in 2 Years
New Mexico governor seeks funding to recycle fracking water, expand preschool, treat mental health
Judge dismisses legal challenge against Virginia state senator over residency allegations
Iowa court affirms hate crime conviction of man who left anti-gay notes at homes with rainbow flags
More cantaloupe recalls: Check cut fruit products sold at Trader Joe's, Kroger and Sprouts